Sunday 24 September 2017

Beddington Park, 24th September 2017

This evening I had my first walk in Beddington Park for what seems like ages. I was surprised to see a good scrape-like area on the main lake. Hopefully this will attract a few bits and pieces from the Farmlands, even a stray sandpiper. While walking, there were plenty of Grey Wagtails and Little Grebes, as well as all the commoner species. 
Then, just as I was trying to get a better picture of a Grey Wagtail with the light fading, I spotted 2 Little Egrets hiding behind some bushes. I started to make my way across when they flew right in front of me - they both realised this wrong decision and flew off a bit. While watching these two another one came over from further up the lake, and came and sat on a dead tree. 
New habitat and Little Egrets
A few egret pics. 
Little Egret 1
Little Egret 2


Little Egret 2
After walking around, I spotted a small bird at the top of a tree on the distance. Although I couldn't get a picture, I could identify it to be a late, surprise Flycatcher sp - I assumed it as a Spotted . While trying to approach it, it took flight at a dog and flew off towards the cricket club. A bit frustrating but a nice bird to see. 
Also found near the car park was our Kingfisher. Hopefully she will be reappear over the winter. To end the day another Little Egret, flying up from the Wilderness Island area, had a dispute with a Grey Heron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment